Core Business Services - Finance - Financial Analyst
Join our Finance team and you will help enable EY client account teams and management to run the business effectively. You'll help to improve engagement profitability, manage enterprise wide risk and support market development activities. You will support EY planning, reporting and forecasting and analysis, or help EY people manage day-to-day activities, such as managing engagements, process and auditing time and expense or invoice processing. You'll also work with other parts of our organization, sharing your financial experience and insights to achieve specific goals. You'll get all the support you need to stay on top of regulations — and the advice and help you‘ll need to meet your own professional goals.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The position objectives include providing financial analysis, forecasting, modeling and budgeting support to Business Service Line (Tax) within the Asia-Pacific Area. This position will be actively involved in analysis, support and forecast and financial performance with the leaders. In addition, strong relationship and communication skills are required to liaise with Service Line Leaders, Senior Partners and other Finance function teams. Involvement in various special and ad hoc assignments will be required.
- Prepare and communicate analysis to assist leaders in their business decision making
- Analyze financial reports and translate them into concise summaries for the management
- Monitor the top and bottom line to assess if they are in line with the operational and strategic objectives set by Service Line
- Manage proactive risk which may have an impact on the Service Line results
- Coordinate and prepare budgets and forecasts. Preparation of models to support different budget and forecast
- Perform ad hoc analysis from source data
- Identify and rectify any data classification issues in relation with the relevant KPIs and measurements
- Perform financial analysis, identify and provide commentaries on key budget/forecast variances of the Service Line
- Assist in the month end Profit & Loss (P&L) close
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent experience preferred; holders of CPA qualification will be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial analysis and operational accounting preferably coming from professional/ consulting firm Experience in financial systems such as Essbase, Hyperion, excellent MS excel skill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in creating analysis reports. Financial modelling knowledge and experience will be advantageous
- Financial management, financial assistant, and/or financial analyst experience beneficial
- Computer proficiency; be proficient or trainable in complex aspects of financial software packages, including Essbase, Hyperion, Business Objects, MS Office.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Confidence, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Quality improvement-oriented, professional approach
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent command in both English and Chinese; fluency in Putonghua will be an added advantage