(CONTRACT) - Due Diligence Officer (Analyst Level), 6 Months
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the Due Diligence Team's objectives is to be the sole interface for clients going through the KYC due diligence onboarding or recertification process.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The team is responsible for 3 main activities:
- Prioritization of on-boarding with additional focus on Tier 1 potential clients
- Coordination of the whole process (Risk, Legal, Systems) and production of the KYC (Collection, Confirmation, and most importantly, analysis)
- This team is also responsible for recertification, annual review and relevant client management processes
The responsibilities of this role will be diverse and varying, depending on work required to be actioned.
- Handle assigned Hong Kong new on-boarding requests (Work-In-Progress - WIP) and ensure management initiative is satisfactorily implemented which includes, but not limited to, the enforcement of proactive pipeline management policies (to improve the throughput and completion cycle-time of WIPs), completion of WIPs in meeting the set of KPIs, and management directives.
- Complete new on-boarding requests in accordance to relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) which also makes reference to CIB KYC Procedure.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) with assigned Front-Office Business Unit(s) across Client Sector(s) and Product(s), Compliance and other support functions in relation to Due Diligence activities.
- Handle new on-onboarding requests in relation to Corporate Coverages, Commodity Finance, Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Financial Institutional Coverages, Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Work closely with Front-Office and prioritize the completion of WIPs according to ever changing demands, and deliver satisfactory results.
- Ensure timely escalation and own proposed course of actions to line management to address identified risks and blocking points during each WIP handling. Also, identify, analyze, report and explore proposed course of actions to line management in relation to production, policy and system issues.
- Develop good understanding of the assigned Front-Office Business Unit(s) and process related working knowledge in order to support the Front-Office Business Unit(s) effectively.
- Interact effectively with senior internal stakeholders and regional/global teams in a variety of BNP Paribas locations in APAC and beyond.
- Embrace continuous changes and challenges; handle various uprising initiatives and ad-hoc projects as assigned by line management for DDT.
- Contribute to the review, standardization and rollout of regional policies/procedures, KYC processes and systems as required (e.g.: in accordance with any policy update or system change, etc.) and work with relevant internal stakeholders to minimize impact and ensure smooth integration.
- Keep abreast with current compliance / AML regulations and KYC procedures, and keep management updated on any significant changes or issues.
- Actively promote and lead best practice in risk and compliance management.
- Coordinate with the offshore team and provide guidance where appropriate to resolve any quality and procedural issues.
- Provide effective back-up support to other team members as and required.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects (e.g. regulatory/operational/data quality, etc.) as directed by Line Management.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills.
- University graduate, preferably with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking and Global Markets framework under International Financial Groups.
- Good understanding of Due Diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
- Working knowledge in relation to Corporate Banking products [e.g. Cash/Deposit, Loan Syndication/Agency, Trade Finance, ECM/DCM, etc] and/or Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), and preferably Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin).
- Line management and staff coaching experience.
- Candidates with strong potential but less than 2 years relevant work experience can be considered as Analyst.