Financial Accountant,Large Corporate,KILKENNY
An exciting vacancy has arisen for a Financial Accountant in this dynamic FMCG organisation. This company are going through positive changes and this role has exposure across the group and has a commercial focus.
The Financial Accountant’s main responsibility will be the preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts for actual, forecast and budget for the group. In addition to the testing and implementation of significant improvements in the Group consolidation system, SAP. The Financial Accountant will also, from time to time, be required to assist with ad hoc project work as required.
Key Elements of the Role
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts to strict deadlines for inclusion in monthly board reporting
- Preparation of monthly group consolidated flash report for circulation to the executive team.
- Preparation of consolidated forecast accounts to strict deadlines for inclusion in forecast board reporting
- Key point of contact for business unit in relation to month end, forecast, budget and statutory queries
- Testing of new developments/features being implemented in order to maximise capabilities and significantly improve and streamline the Group’s consolidation and reporting process
- On-going liaising with all key stakeholder departments to resolve system, process and accounting issues arising
- Pro-active approach to ongoing process development to reflect changing and evolving needs
- Preparation of various disclosure requirements in interim results and annual report. Assist with various disclosure requirements in the statutory accounts.
- Liaising with external auditors to facilitate their review of interim and year end consolidation including relevant notes to the financial statements.
- Other ad hoc finance project work as required
- Qualified Financial Accountant
- Minimum of 1 year relevant post qualification experience
- Technically competent and good knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail to ensure completeness and accuracy of information
- Strong written communication and reporting ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels
- Proficient Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Word skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and ability to ensure tasks are finalised to strict deadlines
If you meet these requirements and are interested in joining a dynamic and progressive organisation, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01-6797990.