Page Personnel Finance is working with a large client, based in Shaftesbury, Dorset for over 50 years. We are helping our client seeking a confident Credit Controller to join the team, providing a central service to all subsidiaries.
Working Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week.
Based in Shaftesbury, our client is a large family-run business. They offer a complete building services package, from consultation and design, through installation and commissioning, to planned and reactive maintenance for all mechanical and electrical building services, including power, lighting, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, data cabling, Intruder and fire warning, access control, CCTV and more.
Due to a employee re-locating, they are looking for a Credit Controller to join the team.
As a Credit Controller, your duties would include:
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments, escalating to legal action when required.
- Maintaining regular contact with clients to ensure invoices are cleared for payment and confirming payment dates, helping to resolve queries with outstanding invoices both internally and externally when required.
- Attending monthly meetings for each company to update the Finance Director, Managing Director and Operations managers regarding all overdue balances.
- Producing regular cash flow forecasts for each company.
- The role requires a customer focused, self-motivated individual who is able to build strong relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
This list of responsibilities and duties is not exhaustive and the Company will expect you to perform other duties relevant to the job title.
To be successful in your application, you will possess the following:
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Calm and confident manner, particularly during potentially uncomfortable conversations.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including a confident telephone manner).
- Willingness to pick up the phone.
- Competent in Microsoft Office products.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good standard of education (at least five GCSE grades A-C)
- Previous experience in a credit control position.
If you are successful, the applicant should expect to receive:
- Salary up to £22,000 dependent on experience.
- 22 days holiday (pro-rata) plus Bank Holidays.
- BUPA Medical Insurance.
- Accident and Sickness Insurance.
- Life Assurance.
- Auto-enrolment pension.
- Child Care Voucher Scheme.