Depositary Analyst with Italian
Purpose of Role:
The Depositary Analyst is responsible for analyzing the content and monitoring the quality on a wide spectrum of depositary control functions, namely cash-flow monitoring, safekeeping of assets and general oversight functions.
- Prepare cash monitoring work on a daily basis (significant cash flows, full cash flows reconciliation).
- Prepare safekeeping of assets work on a daily basis (custody, asset ownership verification and registration).
- Analyze the output of the reconciliations for specific instruments such as OTC Derivatives, ETD, cash, stock, etc.
- Perform oversight checks on valuation (NAV calculation) and safekeeping of units (subscriptions and redemptions oversight).
- Prepare various reconciliations on a monthly basis (cash monitoring, holdings, units) - compare and confirm data per client/accounting reports to data per bank/custody reports; research any discrepancies.
- Make a risk assessment to identify risky items that require to be investigated further and that require escalation.
- Document collection: understand and review the legal documents linked to the activity of an alternative investment fund: ISDA, CSA, due diligence questionnaires.
- Collaborates with the Review Team on an ongoing basis.
- Complete depositary checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Stays objective and protects the investor`s interest at all times.
- Ensure agreed timelines are adhered to.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Resolve review points highlighted by Senior Depositary Analyst and Team Supervisor and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
- Training and Personal Development
- Work with Senior Depositary Analyst / Team Supervisor to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- The ability to understand investment operations, funds and custody.
- Proficiency in English.
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork