Assistant Vice President/ Senior Associate, Consumer Banking Audit
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named "Asia's Best Bank" by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and "Best Bank in Asia-Pacific" by Global Finance. The bank has also been named "Safest Bank in Asia" by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2016.
- Lead and support audit engagements for the Consumer Banking portfolios according to audit plan.
- Support the development of internal audit Computer-assisted audit Techniques (CAATs) and data analytics tools
- Raise issues and problems with, and provide information and constructive advice to the appropriate levels of management so that significant risk and control issues are escalated and resolved properly
- Update, maintain or review audit risk matrices, including audit work papers for each audit engagement.
- Test and follow up outstanding audit issues for proper implementation during each audit engagement.
- Maintain key relationships with middle level management and stakeholders for Consumer Banking portfolios, raise potential risk and control issues to audit management.
- Provide audit team members with proper guidance, coaching and supervision.
- Provide consultancy advice to Business/Support Units on new or revised policies and procedures so as to build up Audit's identity as trusted advisor
- Degree holder in any field (e.g. accounting, finance or computing)
- At least 6 years' experience with relevant business, compliance or auditing background in financial institutions, external audit firms or consulting firms.
- Strong knowledge on the relevant products, operations and regulatory requirements of the designated business portfolios.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT application controls, computer-assisted audit techniques (CAATs) and/ or data analytics would be preferable.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with business executives.
- Strong conflict resolution, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Planning and other project management skills.
- Effective coaching, interpersonal, performance management and organizational skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.