Operations Regulatory Reporting Analyst
Societe Generale CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Societe Generale CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The successful candidate will be working directly within the Operations department - OPER - to support the Asia-Pacific Regulatory team. The Operations Regulatory Reporting Production team is responsible to oversee the transactional regulatory reporting production in Asia Pacific.
Working as part of the Operations Regulatory Reporting Team you will learn to carry out the regulatory production process to ensure that Societe Generale CIB in Asia Pacific meets its regulatory reporting obligations. This entry level role is based in Operations. However interrogation of the data will involve working closely with other departments such as IT, FO and Compliance.
As an Operations Analyst, you will ensure the timely and accurate completion of the primary responsibilities detailed below to support the operation department of Societe Generale CIB with a view to improve processes and enhance functionality, while delivering excellent service to business partners and colleagues.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Control and monitor the regulatory report production performed in the region
- Prepare local regulatory reports in line with regulatory requirements
- Review and analyze any report rejection and fix the identified issues on the production process
- Coordinate with internal divisions on any issues regarding the reporting regulatory production
- Prioritize, investigate and remediate issues and develop control improvements - working closely with OPER/REG/PJT (Paris and HKG) ORM, Operations and IT
- Propose improvement related to accuracy and efficiency of report production process
- Comply with Code of Conduct as well as other applicable laws and local regulations, internal policies, compliance rules and procedures (including but without limitation to those requirements from the aspects of Anti-money laundering, know your client, anti-fraud, data protection etc.);
- Take responsibility to report any incidents, suspicious and fraud cases according to bank incident report mechanism/whistle blowing/escalation requirement immediately. Maintain a high level of personal integrity and uphold the bank's ethical standard both in professional activities and personal conduct
- Apply all Group rules and procedures linked to financial crime risks prevention (KYC, AML, sanctions and embargo) and all regulatory requirements related to their activity on a daily basis. Contribute to adapt rules and processes linked to compliance and regulatory requirements
- Attend to all training sessions dealing with regulatory and compliance obligations and contribute to regular update of procedures and training materials related to those topics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with Operations functions within a financial institution
- Good Knowledge and understanding of the investment banking domain
- Understanding of trade lifecycle would be a plus
- Excel / VBA / Macro skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Bilingual in English and Chinese a must
- Ability to analyze, structure, and perform controls on data exhaustiveness
- Ability to maintain consistency and accuracy when producing reports
- Ability to meet tight deadline
- Ability to interact with Support and development teams of SG and regulatory authorities
- Capacity to enhance own skills and build knowledge within a team
- Use good judgment, confidentiality and discretion in communicating with colleagues and partners
- Proactive in identifying, escalating and resolving potential issues
- Strong control mindset
- Good organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese