The Finance Manager will report and analyse the financial information of the commercial businesses of the university, this will include their retail ventures.
The university are a vibrant organisation which specialise in Arts Education. They are recognised for their academic excellence in the art world and also in the university rankings for teaching and research. They are now looking to grow their commercial earnings so that they can continue to reinvest in their student societys.
Responsible for the department's delivery of financial procedures, specifically in relation to:
- Overseeing and maintaining cash related processes including quarterly cash accounts, Freshers banking and ensuring that appropriate reconciliations are completed
- Liaison with budget managers to support financial control and support compliance with the Finance Manual
- Management of the annual audit process and ad-hoc internal audit requirements, including preparation of audit files, liaison and updating Finance Manual in response to recommendations
- Budgeting, forecasting & other ad-hoc analysis
- Maintaining bank accounts, including monitoring cash balances to ensure sufficient balances are available to pay creditors, updating bank mandates and being the key point of liaison with the banks
- Preparation of quarterly partial exemption VAT returns and submissions to HMRC
- Month and year-end procedures in Sage 50, including updating balance sheet accounts and managing the system closedown process each period
- Managing the fixed asset registers, ensuring correct accounting
- Management of other balance sheet accounts including intercompany accounts and monthly entries, including accruals, prepayments and deferred income
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and variance reports as required
- Managing process for submission of Companies House and Charity Commission returns.
The post holder shall be fully qualified chartered or certified accountant (e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CIPFA)
Good experience of using Sage Line 50 including postings, importing journals and month and year end routines
Excellent knowledge of accounts processing, accruals accounting concepts
Experience of producing accounts to trial balance stage and reporting on financial performance to senior managers
Proven experience of working across accounting function (accounts payable, accounts receivable and balance
£40,000 - 45,000 + Additional Benefits such as pension and holidays