Depositary Senior Analyst with Italian, Associate 2
Purpose of Role:
The core function of depositary services is overseeing the assets and operations of the client.
The Senior Depositary Analyst is responsible for analyzing the content and monitoring the quality on a wide spectrum of depositary control functions, namely cash-flow monitoring, safekeeping of assets and general oversight functions.
- Review cash monitoring work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (significant cash flows, full cash flows reconciliation).
- Review safekeeping of assets work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (custody, asset ownership verification and registration).
- Perform oversight checks on valuation and safekeeping of units work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (subscriptions and redemptions oversight).
- NAV calculation
- Trade settlement, income and cash: risk assessment of trades, cash and income not timely settled/received.
- Investment Restriction Compliance: identify breaches and check if escalation is required.
- Transfer Agency: understand the risk items linked to the transfer agency activity and review the output of the reconciliation of the collection account.
- Due diligence: collecting and reviewing due diligence questionnaires for clients, transfer agencies.
- Document collection: understand the legal documents linked to the activity of a mutual fund: ISDA, CSA, due diligence questionnaires.
- Collaborates with the Review Team on an ongoing basis
- Assists where required in preparing daily deliverable and reviews reports prepared by team.
- Controls the quality of the prepared work.
- Complete the reviewers’ checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Stays objective and protects the investor`s interest at all times.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines and keep well-documented records.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- The ability to understand complex investment fund structures and to identify the risks inherent in those structures.
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required.
- Experience in finance, custody or funds would be an advantage.
- Fluent / upper-intermediate (B2+) in English and Italian
- 1+ years of experience in finance, custody or funds fund administration would be recommended