Reporting to the Financial Director, we are looking for a Management Accountant to join our fast paced environment within the Finance department. You will be responsible for a small team, to drive and motivate through mentoring, appraisals and prioritising workloads, whilst completing monthly reports and analysis to present to the Finance Director.
- Production of monthly management accounts, analysis and commentary for nine companies and consolidate those accounts into one board finance pack. Meet with the Finance Director to present.
- Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure full control and understanding.
- Responsible for five/six staff members, to prioritise workloads, lead, manage and motivate through mentoring, team meetings, 1-2-1’s, appraisals and any other related direction.
- Manage relationships with key and/or challenging supplier accounts in order to raise queries and obtain credit notes. Deal with escalated, disputed or complex supplier accounts.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all financial data is input into Sage 200 in timely and accurate manner.
- Be responsible for completion of VAT.
- Ensure standardised processes and procedures are adhered to throughout the accounts processing functions.
- To have a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA), with at least one year’s fully qualified experience.
- You must have an excellent advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Sage 200 would be an advantage.
- To be able to demonstrate previous experience within a similar position with proven ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Possess excellent time and self-management skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Technically strong, possessing a complete understanding of standard accounting policies and consolidation methods.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the personality to deal with senior management and establish key relationships.
Whilst we will make every effort to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within three weeks, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
The Company values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The Company has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.