Finance & Business Manager
This role is a unique opportunity for a Finance & Business Manager to come on board with this exciting family run business in South Devon.
Offshore Shellfish Ltd is a ground-breaking aquaculture enterprise. Backed by substantial private equity investment and based on more than 30 years' experience in the industry, the business is in the process of developing the UK's first large-scale offshore mussel farm. Using technologies developed in New Zealand and elsewhere, the experienced founding team of Offshore Shellfish have successfully completed pilot trials and are now taking the business to the next stage of its development.
* Preparing monthly P&L accounts, balance sheet, cash-flow forecasts and other business information for Directors and investors;
* Able to produce robust budgets, both for the business as a whole and for specific projects such as building and fitting out the production facility;
* Sourcing and applying for relevant grants for development of the production facility and the farm;
* Monitoring on-going costs against budget and providing analysis of any variances, including the monitoring of all and any on-going projects;
* Monitoring and looking ahead, identifying issues and flagging up any potential problems to the Directors at an early stage;
* Ensuring VAT, Inland Revenue, PAYE returns and other statutory reporting are completed accurately and to relevant deadlines;
* Taking responsibility for ensuring that the company complies with all legal, statutory and company secretarial issues.
* To contribute to the overall financial strategy of the business, including the speed of investment in the expansion of the farm;
* Project management, initially on the construction and development of the factory building but also on other developments;
* Liaising with the local authority over building design, lease terms and rent for new production facility;
* Setting up the systems and processes required to enable the company to continue to grow effectively and efficiently;
* Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations;
* Working alongside other professionals and directors of the company on the production of a detailed sales and marketing plan.
* Qualified Accountant
* Experience of financial accounting and reporting including VAT, Inland Revenue, payroll, PAYE, corporate taxation; Qualified Accountant
* Must have good experience of business planning and analysis, including the costing of major projects;
* Must be able to manage costs in relation to budget, flagging up variances well in advance and understanding the reasons for any variances;
* Strong in terms of cash-flow forecasting and financial management;
* Will ideally have experience of working in a large company, gaining knowledge of the discipline, rigour and processes associated with a large organisation - but combined with experience in a much smaller business, juggling changing priorities and unpredictability;
* Strong in terms of systems and processes, and experienced in establishing systems that will work for the business now but also form a secure foundation for continued growth.
Offshore Shellfish has a unique combination of strong private equity backing, innovative yet proven technology and a product that so far has exceeded all projections and predictions. The potential for future success is immense. The salary package offered is competitive; the role offers the opportunity to live and work in one of the UK's most beautiful counties; and depending on performance and outcomes, success in this role could offer the prospect of taking on an increasing leadership role in the business in the future.