Finance and Treasury Manager
This is a unique position for a chartered accountant to join a growing listed business as their first or second move from the Big 4. It will offer excellent experience into a corporate treasury function with long-term career progression.
Our client, is a dynamic and forward thinking business with a focus on improving business and society. The business works with some of the UKs largest brands and supports one of the largest industries in the world. They have managed to carve and exploit a niche in the market which has proved incredibly profitable.
Policy & procedure
- Establish and implement a treasury policy suitable for the size of the Group which is also scalable to accommodate future growth.
- Assess different derivatives and deliver hedging strategy suitable for the business
- Evaluate accounting treatment of derivatives and assess impact on financial results
- Maintain and manage the Group cash flow model, including forecasting the bank covenants.
- Flag risks identified from the forecasting to the Head of Group Financial Compliance and the CFO
- Work closely with the Regional Finance Directors
- to design and implement a multi-currency cash flow forecasting model
- hold weekly cash meetings to determine the short term and medium term cash requirements and to assess the impact these have on the bank covenants
- understand the trading results of the business and how these impact the bank covenants
- Work with the Oracle project team to ensure the design and implementation of the Oracle system's reporting supports the cash flow modeling requirements and that the system is effective in this area
Management of Foreign exchange risk
- Manage foreign currency exchange risk for the group and repatriation of overseas funds.
- Evaluating and recommending suitable foreign exchange products to mitigate foreign exchange risk.
- Provide a timely service to the Regional Finance Directors, offering effective products to fulfill the needs of the operating businesses.
- Keep abreast of political and economic policy both in the UK and internationally to identify risk areas and assess potential impact on the Group's strategy and risk profile
Cash & Debt management
- Effective management of cash balances, including foreign currency balances to maximize return whilst maintaining liquidity required to meet the needs of a fast paced, growing business.
- Research and evaluate options then recommend approach for managing interest rate risk over the term of the loan facilities
- Manage utilization requests
- Ensure timely repayment of debt facilities providing Regional Finance Director with sufficient notice of requirements, including requirement for interest payments
- Liaise with the wider business in respect of bank facility restrictions e.g. sanction countries, covenant restrictions
- Preparation and submission of financial information required under the covenants of the facility agreement
- Report on a timely basis the covenant requirements to the agent bank and syndicate members
- Support the Head of Group Financial Compliance on additional funding requests or debt restructuring
The ideal candidate with have a Big 4 chartered accountancy background with 3-5 years exposure to technical accounting issues. The key personal attributes include:
- Strong academic background ideally degree level (2:1 or above)
- Operate as a specialist and to lead by example
- Act as a true brand ambassador
- Ensure personal knowledge of legislative trends and developments are relevant and up-to-date.
The client is also looking for someone who is:
- Highly effective individual with excellent communication skills
- Organized individual
- Demonstrable business and commercial awareness
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team
Excellent exposure to board level contacts including the CFO and the CEO with a chance to build a reputation much quicker that in a standard finance role.
The business will also offer a competitive salary and package including: £45,000 - £55,000 plus benefits.