German Legal Entity Accountant
Reporting into the Finance Supervisor, the German Legal Entity Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of financial accounts and tax preparation for the German businesses.
Our client is a market leading manufacturing business and specialist in its field. Based in Gloucestershire, they are currently looking for a German Legal Entity Accountant to join their technical team.
The German Legal Entity Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for the US GAAP and German GAAP accounts, including reconciliations and tax accounting;
- Account analysis on, income statement and balance sheet accounts, and execute respective reporting to Global or Regional hubs, as well as various business groups and functions;
- Perform and support certain monthly closing activities;
- Timely respond on ad hoc questions from our internal customers;
- Support local projects and re-occurring stakeholder meetings for the German entities;
- Support projects around continuous improvement;
- Provide support to other legal entity accountants if required.
The successful candidate will:
- Self-starter with hands-on mentality and ability to work autonomously;Ability to focus on detail and accuracy, as well as understanding the bigger picture;
- Good knowledge of local statutory accounting rules regulations;
- Bachelor degree or qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA in the field of Finance / Accounting / Controlling / Tax to satisfy requirements of the role;
- Experience in an accounting or finance function in an international setting;
- Good communicator, able to explain complex technical accounting to non-accounting customers in an easy way;
- German language skills;
- Fluent in English in writing and speaking.
Attractive package and negotiable dependent on level of German language ability