Senior Management Accountant - Integration
The Senior Management Accountant - Integration will be responsible for the smooth integration of new businesses joining the group (as it relates to financial matters) and the production of the management accounts until transitioned. Assisting with the completion of apportionment statements, completion accounts and following through on correcting incorrect tax practices.
Our client is a highly acquisitive business based in Somerset with operations across Europe. They are rapidly expanding their business and currently recruiting for a Senior Management Accountant - Integration to assist with the acquisitions.
The Senior Management Accountant - Integration will be responsible for the following:
- On site integration visits in advance of joining the group with follow up visit post acquisition;
- Full documentation of visits and communication throughout operations team;
- Completion of the Finance integration task list on time to quality for assigned tasks;
- Support the training of new businesses on reporting when on site;
- Particular focus on a timely and correct handover to payroll and pensions and ensuring payroll is paid on time and the Pension Administrator is aware of all pension information;
- As agreed with the Finance Integration Manager follow on issues from tax and documentation of actions taken for tax audit purposes;
- Presenting oneself to the surgeries in line with company values and maintaining those values at all times;
- Production of the management accounts profit and loss and balance sheet in until handover into central MA team;
- Identification of any financial process issues with new businesses and resolving before transition to the central MA team;
- Successful handover of the management accounts into the central team with briefing session;
- Delivery of accounts with fully reconciled balance sheet with issues resolved prior to close;
- Reconstruction of fixed asset registers where required;
- Assist Finance Integration Controller with review of P&L and balance sheets;
- Completion of audit files and a clean audit report as it relates to the teams areas of responsibility;
- Ownership of the completion and review of the apportionment statements and the completion accounts.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with post qualified experience;
- Thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - flexibility is key;
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel, and confident on various management reporting systems;
- Have strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly without getting lost in the detail;
- Be deadline focused, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure they always meet them;
- Have an understanding of small companies and how they work, but needs big company background to understand/suggest best practice principles and help to drive change;
- Be comfortable working within a clinical environment where compassion is a requirement;
- Have the ability to successfully influence the businesses and colleagues in a compassionate manner but that still deliver key messages and results;
- Will need to be happy travelling with occasional overnight stays.