An exciting opportunity for a Preston Based Analytical Finance Manager to join this fast paced business.
Your new company
This company is well established Preston Based business with an exciting and fast paced business model. As a Finance Manager you will be responsible for all digital finance functions, you will be very analytical in your approach to work.
Your new role
As Finance Manager you will be responsible for the Financial Accounts and the management and monitoring of all financial activity and financial analysis and you will also be heavily involved in the company financial reporting. Your main duties will include
- To ensure that the Financial Accountant is informed of their roles, responsibilities and expectations and to provide them with appropriate, timely and accurate information, training and on-going support.
- To oversee the production of the monthly management accounts and reporting for presentation to the Board.
- To prepare statutory accounts, liaising with auditors as required.
- To work with the team to manage financial elements of supplier contracts and present business performance to all internal and external stakeholders, including club seminars.
- To oversee the completion of the quarterly VAT returns (including MOSS returns) in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To support the Financial Controller with the preparation of the Budget, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Responsibility for all Governance issues.
- To manage the quarterly review process, including forecasting exercise, measuring against actual performance, and revising appropriately.
- Management on a quarterly basis of the process through which the company distributes income to its partners.
- To be responsible for initiating and carrying out due diligence procedures in respect of proposed commercial partners and provide ongoing to financial reporting to the Commercial Department on those partners.
- Assist with the protocols
- Assist with the financial review of changes of control including the challenge of proposed business plans.
- To utilise, maintain, contribute and develop systems currently utilised by the company and other relevant stakeholders.
- To provide cover, guidance and advice to the Finance Department to ensure a consistent and timely response to internal and external stakeholders.
- To promptly make reports to the Finance Controller in connection with any matter that may have an ongoing effect on the Finance Department.
- To maintain a professional, business-like approach when representing the company with both internal and external stakeholders ensuring that our reputation is maintained and enhanced at all times.
- To maintain and develop knowledge and skills relevant for the position of Finance Manager and the Finance Department.
- Any other duties and / or projects as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
- Experience of producing and /or reviewing statutory financial statements.
- Experience in reviewing and challenging detailed financial budgets/forecasts and the assumptions used within them.
- Experience of working within a financial management role including the review and/or production of monthly management accounts and VAT returns.
- A proven record of communicating complex issues and models in a clear-cut, concise manner to all relevant stakeholders.
- Proven analytical and modelling skills, and must be both commercially astute and a confident communicator.
- Strong competence in Microsoft Excel
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary with a generous pension scheme and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.