Commercial Finance Analyst
The Analyst will report to the CFO and will have considerable interaction with the Executive Board of the Group, the Group Financial Controller, the Finance team and many other departments.
Although based in Salisbury, there will also be travel to our other UK offices and occasionally to the office in the USA.
My client is a global group of companies in the Leisure and Charity sector based in Salisbury.
The Group has doubled in size over the past 18 months through a mixture of organic growth and acquisitions.
Consequently, they now have a requirement for an insightful Analyst within the Finance team at their Head Office in Salisbury.
The Finance department is part of a central team providing services across all of the brands within the group.
The existing team is spread across three locations in the UK and responsible for all of the financial forecasting, analysis, management reporting, regulatory reporting, and day to day finances of all group companies.
- Delivering data-driven commercial insight that helps deliver the Group's strategic goals and materially improves gross margin & EBITDA performance.
- Pro-actively investigate data and trends to support commercial decision-making.
- With commercial understanding, provide input into product and other plans.
- Developing an insightful suite of additional reports for Sales, Marketing, Commercial and other functions from a variety of data sources.
- Improving the efficiency of our reporting through tools such as Power BI, Qlik, Tableau or similar.
- Issuing KPIs weekly and enhancing existing KPIs to include changes requested by the Exec Team, non-Execs, and other relevant parties.
- Owning and further developing the financial forecast models for the Group.
- Updating those models monthly for the CFO and Executive Board.
- Attending commercial meetings discussing the commercial performance of individual tours and contextualising forecast changes for that meeting.
- Key liaison between Finance and certain teams, e.g. Product and Marketing.
- Management and development of a Product Analyst who will report into this role.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Background in Finance, MI or BI teams.
- Outgoing personality and keen to build relationships across the entire business.
- Comfortable manipulating data in Excel and used to obtaining data from a variety of sources (Access, Excel, ODBC, SQL, etc.)
- Preferably also having experience of more sophisticated tools such as Power BI, Qlik or Tableau.
- Able to quickly interpret reporting requirements and turn into commercially-focused output that aids decision-making.
- Ability to think creatively and desire to drill into data to discover interesting trends and insight.
- Capable of explaining complicated analysis in simple terms without diluting the message.
Attractive salary and benefits package.
An immediate start would be advantageous.