Finance Business Partner
Robert Half are working with a leading national FMCG business to recruit a Finance Business Partner based out of one of their sites in Nottingham. Working to directly support two base sites and to drive the cost agenda within the Manufacturing and Logistics business areas. You will act as the Finance Business Partner to the Site Directors providing challenge, influence and insight. You will need to ensure appropriate effective controls and processes are in place within the operation.
- On behalf of the Head of Supply Chain Finance, make sure that finance have input to all major business decisions relating to their sphere of influence.
- Develop relationships with the Site Directors and their teams, so that finance advice is sought as a matter of course. Become a trusted member of those teams.
- Challenge the Operational teams to improve performance via regular focused reporting of key financial and key performance information.
- Develop high quality weekly and monthly reporting which enables the business to understand its financial performance vs budget/latest plan and vs prior periods.
- Provide insight on trends and issues, within the weekly flash reporting, weekly site reporting and monthly reporting. This includes both performance indicators and financial data.
- Deliver revised Forecast and budgets as required for the regional manufacturing operation. Ensuring the operational team own their plan. Plans should be challenging and deliver overall business requirements.
- Manage task within plan reporting. Lead the drive to deliver the plan through management of risks and opportunities.
- Play a responsible role in the Supply Chain Finance team to develop and deliver the best support possible.
- Ensure that Stock is tightly controlled via focused reporting, and regular stock takes. Develop reporting as needed.
- Ensure that all key controls are in place and working effectively. Identify areas where weakness in controls occur and implement corrective action in conjunction with the Operational teams.
- Ensure that the business works within the parameters of the governance matrix approved by the Board.
- Identify major control points within the business. Ensure appropriate processes are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Undertake post completion reviews for major initiatives or capex spends, to determine if targets have been met and value for money has been delivered.
- Help management appraise the viability of certain projects by taking the financial lead on these projects, and making sure that all financial implications are considered for all options.
- Making sure that the monthly accounts reflect an accurate view of performance.
This role is perfect for someone newly-qualified or a finalist who is self-assured and confident with the ability to communicate effectively with the Operational personnel.
Experience in a similar FMCG role would be desirable.
You must have the following
- Integrity and honesty
- Site based experience would be preferable
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Personal credibility and gravitas
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Ability to work to very tight deadlines
Salary & Benefits
Up to £48000 + car allowance with bonus and excellent benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.