I am exclusively recruiting for an AIM Listed Manufacturing organisation in Dorset who are currently searching for a Finance Manager who will report directly to the Managing Director with a dotted line into the Group FD.
My client is a manufacturing organisation who were acquired some time ago and are currently AIM Listed. They have seen significant growth recently and consider themselves the market leader in what the do both in terms of the engineering and quality of their product.
They supply a variety of industries and their size of customer base varies globally with a strong presence in both the US and China and they are planning to increase their capacity further.
This appointment will be a significant hire for my client and the successful applicant will effectively manage all financial aspects of the business and have significant involvement in customer support.
The primary responsibilities of the Finance Manager include:
- Producing the monthly management account reporting pack - comprising full profit & loss account, balance sheet and cash flow with commentary
- Ensuring that all month end procedures are completed
- Analysis and reporting on accounts receivable & overdue payments
- Monitor credit worthiness of customers/potential customers through use of Portfolio Manager
- Monitor and help optimise cashflow and working capital
- Preparing annual budgets and forecasts
- Preparing sales forecasts
- Reporting and analysis of financial performance such as gross margin and customer profitability
- Provide direct customer support, including handling customer orders and enquiries
- Support strategy development
- Helping to prepare reports and presentations for Group
- Working on ad-hoc projects
- Helping with the preparation of audits working closely with our accountants and auditors
- Support the order fulfilment process
- Proactive dialogue with existing customers ensuring customer satisfaction is maintained to the highest standards at all times
- Authorising sales invoices prior to dispatch
- Contract reviews for each customer order received to ensure all products, prices and delivery/payment terms meet and are consistent with agreed requirements.
- Proactive monitoring of the existing customer base to minimise unexpected business attrition
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Qualified accountant
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong PC skills (particularly MS Excel and Word)
- Ideally familiar with Quickbooks
- Able to work effectively within a small team and with customers around the globe
Attractive salary, bonus, pension and other associated benefits