This role is suited for a part qualified or qualified AAT/CTA accountant who wants to progress.
Well established growing firm in London.
- Prepare corporate tax and partnership tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines.
- Meetings with clients relating to tax and account matters.
- Liaise with HM Revenue & Customs regarding specialist tax work.
- Prepare and assist with specialist tax work such as ATED, VAT options to tax, capital taxes, stamp duty, national insurance contributions and share schemes.
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information to complete accounts and tax returns.
- Identify tax planning opportunities to raise with clients.
- Ability to prepare personal tax returns for director's efficiently and in accordance with the firm's procedures.
- Assist and train junior members of the team with accounts and tax matters.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules for business entities.
- Finalises paperwork for dispatch to clients and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Reviewing accounts and business tax returns prepared by junior members of the team.
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets.
- Prepare and monitor company secretarial matters including assisting with company formation and specialist share work..
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role.
- Identify additional services to be raised with client.
- Knowledge of all personal and business taxes
- Knowledge of capital taxes, including capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Familiarity with taxation software and interaction with HMRC online services.
- Degree, ATT or equivalent experience
- CTA or equivalent tax qualification through experience
Tax Senior - Competitive package