Head of Financial Crime Compliance, Hong Kong
Our client is a reputable financial services institution with a well-established business in the wholesale banking business. As a result of continued growth in Asia Pacific, they are looking for a high caliber executive to head their Financial Crime Compliance department for Hong Kong
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Compliance, you will be fully responsible for the below:
• Manage and oversee the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-terrorist Financing (AML) function of the Bank
• Act as the AML Compliance Officer for the Bank
• Ensure timely dissemination of AML regulatory updates and issuance of AML compliance alerts to management as well as business and support units
• Establish effective mechanism to track the progress of business and support units in complying with the new AML regulatory requirements and/or recommendations of regulators and auditors
• Establish effective AML policies and procedures as well as AML MIS to manage the money laundering risks
• Establish effective policies and procedures for financial crime prevention and investigation to manage financial crime risks
• Take lead to conduct investigation into financial crimes and frauds;
• Promote and maintain an effective working relationship with law enforcement agencies in Hong Kong including Hong Kong Police, Customs and Excise, JFIU, ICAC, etc;
• Promote and promulgate good AML awareness and culture among staff
• Take up ad hoc projects as assigned by management from time to time
The Successful Applicant
You will be a University Graduate holding a degree in law and/or economics with at least 10 years experience gained within a financial services compliance function. You will possess sound knowledge of Hong Kong and regional compliance and regulatory laws and have strong communication, analytical and leadership skills. Hands on experience with asset management business will be an advantage. Fluency in English and Chinese (both written and spoken) is preferred as this person is required to produce technical documentation for colleagues in China.
Please press the APPLY button or email your CV to Christy Lam at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference for a confidential discussion. For more Compliance positions, please visit our website (http://alsrecruit.com/) and contact us for details.