Management Accountant £33,000 - £38,000 + Study Support
Robert Half are recruiting for a Management Accountant to join an expanding subsidiary of a national treasure business.
It's not your bog standard Management Accounting role, they need the appointed profile to own the P&L and all of the Financial Analysis to go with it. You will be partnering at a senior level, sometimes board level to present reports and insight for the key business unit.
Joining now will mean progression… the route to Finance Manager is clear, with strong controls applied- the London based FD is hoping to promote within 18 months allowing ownership of the backfill recruitment.
- Manage the Profit and Loss for a portfolio of contracts/clients through thorough regular, accurate and comprehensive reviews of GP performance on a monthly basis. Including a review of revenue and costs
- Calculation of adhoc invoices for client portfolio where they fall outside of the routine scheduled and adhoc billing process
- Liaising with Billing team to ensure scheduled work billed as required
- Ensuring WIP and PO's managed and reported accurately
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring that cost accruals are accurate for client portfolio working with the AP team to ascertain areas of concern and backlog in processing which will impact billing and contract profitability
- Assist in preparing monthly business unit reviews for the FBP's to compile detailing performance at GP, overhead, NP and working capital levels of applicable contracts for distribution to the business unit managers. This will include a written review of key contracts
- Arrange monthly contract GP reviews with the relevant FBP's so that they are aware of how their contracts are performing and to identify any areas of concern to rectify
- Assist FC with any ad-hoc reporting queries
- Studying towards ACCA or CIMA or QBE
- Experience of pulling together a full P&L end-to-end (revenue and costs)
- Keen interest in understanding business, its contracts and identifying opportunities for improvements
- IT Literate with a very strong knowledge of MS Excel - V-Lookups and Pivot Tables
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads
- £33,000 - £38,000
- Full study support
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Pensions Scheme
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.