KYC / AML Manager
3 days left
About the KYC / AML Manager Role:
Reporting into the Managing Director of the Singapore office, this is a standalone role that covers a regional remit and you will also have a dotted line reporting into the Head of Compliance based overseas. You will be responsible for providing KYC / AML advice, support and guidance to both internal stakeholders and external parties (namely the clients) in ensuring that the policies and guidelines of the firm as well as the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) AML regime are correctly understood and applied.
- Acting as a first point of contact for KYC / AML queries of the firm and its affiliates, and providing internal support and advice to the Singapore office, its affiliates and clients
- Working closely with the firm's global KYC team on MAS specific requirements and required KYC / AML documentation
- Reviewing KYC / AML records for completeness, including verifying that client / investor due diligence (CDD) has been performed in accordance with the firm's internal policies as well as meeting client requirements and monitoring actions taken to complete CDD files
- Assist the firm and its affiliates to comply with its duties as mandated by the MAS as an financial services provider in relation to the services the firm offers
- Assisting the client servicing teams with transaction monitoring and reporting of suspicious and / or unusual transactions in line with applicable reporting policies and procedures
- Assisting in the preparation and distribution of AML assurance letters to clients and client counterparties
- Performing obligatory periodic reviews of KYC / CDD files and remediation exercises as required, ensuring that CDD in place for the client at all times meet client requirements while complying to the firm's internal policies
- Provide ongoing training and support to ensure that the Singapore client servicing teams fully understand and apply the necessary KYC / AML policies and procedures
- (Assisting in) maintenance of a high risk client overview relating to high risk profiles that the clients need to be aware of and the actions taken in connection with these high risk clients
- Keeping up-to-date about changes or enhancements to AML regulations or rules relevant to the firm, its affiliates and/or its clients and communicating such changes or enhancements to the client services teams, and other regional teams with KYC / AML responsibilities, as appropriate
- Advising senior management on any and all potential compliance and risk matters with respect to fund clients or investors
The successful KYC / AML Manager will need to possess excellent stakeholder management skills.
- At least eight to ten years' experience in the financial services industry in a compliance or risk related environment, with a good understanding of AML and CFT frameworks
- Knowledge and application of the Singapore MAS anti-money laundering regime is required, preferably as it applies to holders of capital market services licensees (i.e. investment managers)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, be capable of working on their own initiative and prioritising work load
- Entrepreneurial mindset and independent worker
This financial services firm is recognised as one of the leading players in its field and counts established hedge funds and asset managers among its clients. The firm offers good career progression opportunities emphasising on continual learning and internal mobility opportunities for its employees.
If you are dynamic and highly resilient individual who is very comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in the KYC / AML Manager job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1545553 Wei Yolk Loke