Manager - Tax and Accounting services
- Join a reputable global practice with a local reach in Canberra
- Outstanding career growth opportunities including secondments
- Collaborative, people-focused and inclusive team culture
From family groups to high net-wealth individuals and entrepreneurs to State and Federal Government, our Enterprise team are trusted advisors with specialist services in Audit and Assurance, Tax, Accounting and Advisory. With continued growth, we are now looking to recruit a Manager to join our Tax & Accounting practice in Canberra.
Your new role: Taking a hands-on, in depth approach to consulting with clients across both government and middle market sectors, this role will see you:
- Manage a client portfolio and the day-to-day delivery of engagements, including team leadership and resource management
- Manage the delivery of essential compliance services including complex financial statements, income tax and FBT returns
- Train, coach and mentor other less experienced team members and support their continued professional growth within KPMG
- Contribute to the commercial elements of the engagement managing fee proposals and overruns
- Hands on experience with private, middle market or government clients gained in another professional services or similar environment
- Excellent tax and accounting technical capabilities gained through the relevant qualifications (completion of CA or CPA)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to build trusting client relationships
- Experience in managing others and taking ownership of the delivery of engagements
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online including your resume and cover letter.
Advertised: 14 Jul 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 14 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time