Our client, a global manufacturing organisation with a turnover in excess of £150 million, is working exclusively with Accountancy Recruitment Wales to recruit a Management Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role has responsibility for a team of 4 staff. A commercial and positive approach is essential for this role, which offers a real opportunity to make a difference.
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts with detailed variance analysis and commentary
- Provision of pertinent and appropriately formatted reports to all areas of the business in order to facilitate budgetary control, financial awareness and robust challenge to all areas of expenditure
- Provision of weekly sales/cash reporting, updates to start-of-month forecasting plus ad-hoc forecasts as required by local management or by Group
- Monitoring of, and challenge to, the accuracy of prime costs held within the standard costing system and ensure that clarity and visibility of operational variances are shared with appropriate functions
- Participation in both the strategic planning and annual budget process
- Identification of continuous improvement projects to increase efficiency within the Finance function and more broadly throughout the business
- Liaison with internal and external auditors and other external parties
- Manage a team of four direct reports within the management accounting function
Skills and experience:
- Degree plus professional accountancy qualification
- Extensive experience in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively at both strategic and operating levels
- Self reliant, results focused, hands-on management style
- Ability to cope with deadlines and fluid priorities
- Effective at a cross-functional level, skilled at providing information rather than data to non-accountants
For further information on this opportunity please contact A R Wales Ltd.