Regional Financial Control Associate (12 months contract)
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Societe Generale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
This position is Hong Kong based, under the Asia Pacific Regional Financial Control department, with 8 team members supervised by the Regional Head Certification and Market Accounting.
You must be a Financial Control specialist with 3 to 5 years' relevant experience in accounting & accounting controls knowledge and experience to qualify.
Role & Main Responsibilities:
- Spot check performed on processes including GAAP differences control
- Support the manager on any entities supervision and projects
- Support the manager on some key accounting processes monitoring and to deal with the offshore team in India
- Assist in some digital transformation initiatives for the team
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
- 3-5 years' experience gained from Banking or Financial Institutions
- Previous working experiences in Banking, Auditing or Financial Control is a plus
- A team player but capable to work independently; self-motivated; capable of multi-tasking and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Excellent use of MS Office
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or relevant undergraduate degree
- Qualifications including CPA, ACCA or equivalent is an advantage