Senior Tax Professional
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
A Hong Kong based position within an industry leading Corporate Tax group that offers broad exposure to variety of tax issues, a challenging and career building opportunities and exposures in a universal banking model business.
- Support transfer pricing compliance processes for the region including coordinating with country tax teams across the region and also Finance teams locally and across the region.
- Responsibility in all or part of end-to-end tax compliance process for selected regional group entities (not just in HK/China but includes SE Asia) including review of tax returns and related documentation, financial reporting provisions and forecasts, addressing tax authority queries and audits, legislative advocacy, advising on indirect tax matters.
- Work with regional, EMEA and US headquarters to address ad hoc queries, planning and restructuring projects, etc.
- 8+ years' experience within an accounting firm / large corporate working in corporate tax, specialising in income tax
- Financial industry experience preferred with exposure to various taxes (income and indirect/operational)
- Training or exposure to various APAC tax regimes highly advantageous
- English, Mandarin, Cantonese verbal and written language competency preferred with strong written and verbal communication skills required to liaise with such speaking clients/stakeholders
- High level of commitment and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently but also in a team environment
- Ability to work to deadlines and be proactive within a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to determine priorities and assess resources, while managing multiple tasks and/or projects.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 12/07/2017
Hong Kong, , KOWLOON COMMERCE CENTER TOWER 2, 51 KWAI CHEONG ROAD,
- Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40