(CONTRACT) - Document Controller, Credit Control (6 Months)
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
ITO 3C is a dedicated Operating Line within CIB ITO (Financing Solution). Its function is to monitor, control and report on the risks taken by CIB on Corporates, independent from the business lines, applied on the entire Front to Back Credit Chain - from Front Office support to ITO Servicing.
ITO 3C - Mission
- To perform credit control independent from the business lines for the corporates portfolio in line with the global core missions and direction of ITO COO to ensure:
- Guarantee the conformity of the authorisations & collaterals/guarantees put in place with the credit decisions made
- Ensure the management and integrity of risk data input into Risk systems used in the control and reporting of credit/counterparty risk
- Guarantee that credit/counterparty risks taken by the Bank are monitored correctly
- Contribute to or provide appropriate risk reporting information as required by Business, Risk, Bank Management (for those reporting only available in local systems)
- Mandate on Financial Institutions and Banks is restricted to Financing Lines
- Global Market Line excess monitoring related to Corporate is managed/controlled by Risk
- Important to note that ITO 3C is responsible to define standard control framework and make sure that those controls are performed all along the credit chain but all entity/department in this chain are fully responsible of their processes and organization - ITO 3C acting there only as contributor
- To perform control for a portfolio as assigned by the Management from time to time:
- Act as the main point of contact for ITO 3C within the Risk Corporate scope for legal documentation matters
- Ensure timely and accurate update of guarantor and guarantee risk data after credit decisions
- Documentation control to ensure that terms & conditions of Facility Documents conform to credit decision and legal requirement
- Validate fulfilment of conditions precedent, control limit availability in systems (Atlas II and CAT) in conformity to credit decisions and documentations, follow up on condition subsequent, documents/temporary waiver
- Validate the framework of required covenants in the 'Covenant Manager' tool, against executed credit agreements*
- To certify/validate the risk data integrity of risk data related to Guarantors and guarantee records
- To regularly report and monitor any anomalies* in legal documentation, collateral shortfall, overdue or breached covenants, underwriting, put option expiry, watchlist and doubtful assets for quarterly WL and DD Committee (* shared responsibility with the Risk Control Team)
- To alert Risk Corporate, Business Head and Management on any indication of drift of risk profile during the control missions
- Contribute to successful delivery of systems and control reports enhancement with adequate UATs
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System and direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
- Promote and contribute to the implementation of a common culture and approach within ITO 3C, and promote individual initiative, autonomy and versatility
- Close liaison with partner at Risk Control Team to ensure a seamless, one-voice ITO 3C with accountability.
- To attend to any ad-hoc or temporary assignments/projects or back up job or job rotation under management directives
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Experience in the banking/finance sector necessary
- Good understanding of financial products
- Good understanding of risk concepts and methodologies
- Knowledge of credit processes
- Good understanding of transaction workflows and booking concept
- Being familiar with relevant local regulations
- Strong technical skill in documentation with solid experience in vetting bilateral, syndication, plain vanilla, structure finance, project loan type facility documentation
- Has full ownership of the portfolio assigned, and be accountable for regular process of day-to-day deliverables, developing solutions based upon subject expertise
- Commitment to the role and capacity to meticulously implement the ITO 3C Mission Statement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Written and oral fluency in English and local language is necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good time-management skills
- Autonomy and capacity to take initiative
- Capacity to remain objective and independent in order to fulfill the control role required
- Degree holder or equivalent qualification in Banking, Finance, Company Secretary, Management Studies or Law.
- Candidate with experience in paralegal, company secretary, or relevant experience with an international bank in the area of facility documentation vetting will be an advantage
- Fresh graduates may also be considered