Accounts Executive, Finance & Accounting (Contract)
Investment Services Private Markets and Finance Department
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
• Review transactions and funding requirements and updating relevant data and transactions in the accounting and management systems.
• Preparing and checking data used for management reporting (eg. investment's market values and cashflows.
• Liaising with accounting & tax agents on the accounts and tax-related filings for our foreign property holding subsidiaries, and assisting in reviewing financial reports.
• Preparing accounting reconciliations, reviewing investment holding company accounts and liaising with external auditors.
• Providing timely responses to ongoing information requests and/or queries from business units and Singapore Head Office.
• Assisting in user acceptance testing for enhancements (where applicable) to our accounting system.
• Diploma in Accountancy, with at least 4-5 years relevant accounting work experience in finance, accounting or real estate industry.
• A strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, who is keen to learn and pick up new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
• Meticulous and demonstrates creativity in problem resolution
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have practical working experience with accounting software systems.