Senior Consultant - Employment Tax Advisory
- We provide an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
- Build your tax career within our People Services Tax Advisory team
- Develop your skills in a Tax Advisory role
Working at KPMG you'll be mixing with some of the brightest minds while working on significant transactions and projects in the market with some of the world's largest multi-national employers - think international banks, mining conglomerates and engineering firms. If you have an interest in tax, analytics and you are a 'people person' we are looking for you!
We will provide you with ongoing learning and career development opportunities including global secondments and the ability to network across our global business with sector and technical experts.
Your new role
Joining KPMG People Services Tax Advisory as a Senior Consultant offers the unique opportunity to be part of a group that allows you to experience different areas of our People Services business - either within our Global Mobility Services team or Employment Tax Advisory team. Our People Services Tax Advisory practice focuses on all aspects of employers, employees and tax helping clients to recruit, develop and retain talented people - particularly senior executives and expatriates by providing advice on a range of taxation matters from salary packaging through to how to manage a payroll tax audit.
This role will have be focussed on employment tax consulting and responsibilities will include:
- Advising clients on a variety of employment and international tax matters
- Assisting clients to identify employment tax related risks in systems and processes
- Providing clients support in employment tax related audits by the ATO or State Revenue authorities
- Identifying access to and assisting in the implementation of processes to access employment-related rebates
- Designing commercially driven tax effective plans that are in line with the client's remuneration strategies
This broad tax advisory role is suited to a tax professional looking to continue their tax career within an interesting and varied specialism. In order to be a success it is likely you will have a combination of the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record of tax accounting advisory experience. Ideally this will be within expatriate tax, employment tax or remuneration but not essential
- Practical experience working within a Professional Services firm or large corporate organisation
- Strong analytical skill set including manipulation and interpretation of data
- Demonstrated strategic and innovative thinking skills with the ability to develop tailored solutions to address complex needs
- Effective presentation skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 12 Jul 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 11 Aug 2017 E. Australia Standard Time