APAC Exotic Trade Support, Global Markets Operations
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
Provide dedicated Support for Asia Exotic & Structured Front Office Desk
Trade Booking, Amendment & Validation
- Book late Trade in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems
- Validate Trade in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems
- Amend or Cancel Trade in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems Reconciliations
- Perform Front Office / Middle Office reconciliations between Trading End of Day books and morning data in PNL Risk Trade repository Systems
- Check Front Office /Back Office reconciliations are performed and breaks corrected in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems in a timely manner (If applicable & Not covered by Product Control and Analysis Team)
- Compute and notify trade events (Eg. Early Termination and coupons)
- Monitor & Validate Barriers Crossing & Fixings mismatches
- Adjust booking in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems further Corporate Action events
- All above processes / controls are described in details under ORUS & the Front Office Support ASIA booklet is providing deeper explanation on team mandates / responsibilities & the definition of the officer standard day
- Participate to global projects related to Trade Support processes improvements
- Participate to local projects related to systems migrations
- Active follow up on updating documentation of Trade Support processes
- To perform day-to-day core trade support functions to Trading including trade validation, late trade booking, trade amendment and cancelation
- To handle any post-trade events such as Corporate action adjustment, secondary event booking and notification
- To be the middleman to co-ordinate all information from Front to Back to ensure smooth processing and settlement is properly performed
- To perform as an independent control team to strengthen all the control within Global Market Operations
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
Main drivers are client service quality, independent control, operational risk safety and cost efficiency.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- Analytical mindset: Aptitude to understand the Front to Back workflows and handle exceptional issues with logical mindsets to communicate with Front Office
- Organized & good resistance to stress: This is a much faced paced dynamic environment; therefore excellent time management and good positive resistance to stress are compulsory.
- Attention to detail: Ability to ring the bell for any abnormal trade pattern and escalate in timely manner
- Innovation and initiatives (Think "outside the box"): Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo. Understand well the processes in place and evaluate if needed, alternative options to do things better with a cost - benefits / ROI approach.
- Self-discipline & autonomy: Have a constant "delivery on time" mindset, both on the daily production and on the projects handled. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
- Adaptability & Change Management: Ability to easily adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage…) as this is a constant changing environment
- Strong Client Focus: Capacity to work with various clients. Need to be sensitive about the rationale of their requests and be proactive when replying to them. Work as partnership while consistently keeping an independent mindset.
- Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Ops and FO need to be known & applied. The team member also needs to report any sensitive information/issues and escalate immediately to their management.
- At least 3 years' experience in a Trade support middle office, exposure in Exotic products will be an advantage
- Strong experience in Exotic products: product scheme knowledge, capacity to understand the Front Office to Back Office stream.
- Pricing of exotic options would be a plus.
- Being involved and actor in major projects.
E xperience and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master Degree on Economics, Mathematics or Finance.
- Strong Equity derivatives products knowledge including the Front to Back workflows and the product event management.
- Strong Preference to have MS and programming skills (VBA, Excel, Access) would be a significant plus.