TRAINEE: COO Assistant
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The Global Markets COO (Chief Operating Officer) team supports, develops and supervises the Global Markets activities in their day to day operations as well as strategic development. The team covers activities front to back, regionally as well globally, and is exposed to many processes, procedures, systems, and people. This position would be dedicated to the Prime Services business line (PRM) which offers cross-asset execution, clearing and prime brokerage to institutional clients and hedge funds.
- Assist PRM desks and COO team in their day to day tasks
- Insure smooth operations of the desks in interaction with other departments (e.g. IT, Operations, Risk, Legal and Compliance, Finance)
- Follow-up on client on-boarding cases
- Produce periodical and ad-hoc activity reports for desks and business line management
- Perform administrative tasks (maintain referential data, documentations etc)
- Perform activity controls and operational checks
- Maintain procedures and business line presentations/marketing documents up to date
- Simplify or automate recurring processes run by the COO team
- Hold a relevant Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management or similar
- Previous experiences in investment banking or brokerage business would be a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with VBA/database development would be a plus
- Able to work independently
- Strong team spirit
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.