Senior Associate / Manager - Restructuring Services - Financial Advisory - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
The Deloitte China network of firms, backed by the global Deloitte network, deliver a full range of audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients. We are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace with 21 offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Hefei, Jinan, Macau, Nanjing, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Ulaanbaantar, Wuhan and Xiamen in China.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media.
About Financial Advisory
Financial Advisory (FA) practice of Deloitte China provides strategic and financial advisory services to clients throughout all phases of the economic cycle. FA comprises several distinct but related global service lines whose shared principal objective is the creation and enhancement of shareholder and stakeholder value. We are dedicated to providing clients with a full range of services, including:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance Advisory Services provide Strategic corporate advisory services for corporate finance transactions, ranging from M&A strategy and advisory, capital raising to business disposals.
- M&A Transaction Services assist financial and corporate investors in assessing investment opportunities and providing professional advisory services to support them in making effective and timely business and investment decisions concerning their outbound, inbound or domestic M&A transactions.
- Valuation and Modeling Services guide and advise clients on valuation methodologies and provide valuation advisory services relating to business interests. These include intellectual property, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities, partnership interests, employee stock option plans (ESOPs), private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products relevant to our clients.
- Deloitte Forensic Services assist organizations in managing forensic issues and focus on outcomes that address reputation protection, asset recovery and prevention.
- Restructuring Services assist financial and corporate investors in assessing investment opportunities and providing professional advisory services to support them in making effective and timely business and investment decisions concerning their outbound, inbound or domestic M&A transactions.
Other Advisory Services
- Infrastructure and Capital Project Advisory Services provide services range from developing the underlying commercial structure, building the financial model to managing the financing process.
- Real Estate Advisory Services provide tailored, collaborated financial advisory services for real estate clients ranging from strategy advisory, cross-border advisory, capital and debt market advisory to divestiture.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a Manager, you will
- Perform financial reviews and provide implementation services for liquidations, bankruptcy and receiverships
- Develop integrated financial modeling/projections, cash flow budgets, and other support as needed
- Interact with clients, potential investors, attorneys and others as required
- Plan scope of work, monitor, supervise and review work of staff on Restructuring Services engagements
- Draft reports for partner review and report findings to clients in a timely manner
- Ensure team compliance with Deloitte ethical, confidentiality and work policies and quality/performance standards
- Participate in major client pursuits including proposal preparation and client presentations
- Counsel subordinates and review and evaluate their performance
As a Senior Associate, you will
- Assist in delivering advisory and or implementation services to clients on corporate recovery, restructuring, financial review, insolvency, exit strategy, liquidation, bankruptcy, disposition of non performing investments and other matters relating to distressed investments.
- Draft reports for manager review, ensure compliance with Deloitte policies and quality/performance standards
- Responsible for reviewing the work of subordinates and ensuring the maintenance of a professional standard of client service
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related disciplines
- Holder of CICPA, HKICPA, ACCA or similar professional accounting qualification
- For Manager, at least 5 years'; For Senior Associate , 1 to 5 years' relevant experience in a reputable firm
- In-depth understanding of financial or independent business reviews, corporate recovery, restructuring , debt advisory, sell side advisory and distressed asset disposal; and/or insolvency, exit strategy, liquidation, receivership and bankruptcy services
- Strong analytical skills
- Good team player and willing to work under pressure
- Mature, proactive and committed to quality client service
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and business development skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Willing to travel
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong is the DTTL member firm in China. Deloitte China practice operates in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau through Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates including Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in Mainland China, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu - Sociedade de Auditores in Macau. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates operating in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau are collectively referred to as Deloitte China.