Finance Graduate & AAT Career Pathway Programme 2017
Are you an ambitious Graduate or have you completed your AAT and looking to start a career in Finance?
Here’s a sum that’ll interest you…..
Compass Group + YOU = Success!
As the World’s leading food service and support services company, we are always scouting for the top talent in Finance. We need ambitious Graduates and fully qualified AAT Finance Professionals like you to join us and help us contribute towards driving our business forward.
Our business is vast - each and every day we provide exceptional food to over 18 million people, we also clean over 1 million square feet of office space and provide security to exciting events nationwide.
It’s a pretty big job, which is why we need talented people like you to support our accounting and finance teams. You can see that this adds up to endless opportunities and you can make it happen!
On the Finance Career Pathway with Compass Group, you will be responsible for providing and supporting a robust, pro-active financial information and control service to our Finance and Operating Teams. You’ll use your innovative flair and finance expertise to actively participate in the development of a “One Compass” UK Finance Function – ensuring we are continually improving service levels, quality of management information and standardising processes. As a member of our Finance team – you’ll be making sure we do this in the most cost effective manner!
Why Compass Group?
For us, our colleagues on the Finance Career Pathway are not just a number; you are the future of our business. To develop our Finance Professionals, we offer fully funded study support for professional exams with generous study leave allowances. In addition, we offer a structured internal learning and development pathway giving you the experience and knowledge you need to be ready to potentially progress to an Assistant Finance Manager role after 3 years. We will provide role rotations within different finance teams, supporting different sectors, to provide a breadth and depth of experience.
Finance Graduate & AAT Qualified responsibilities will include:
• Provide Sector Operating and Finance Teams with timely and accurate information in a standardised format, including variance analysis and identification of poor performing units
• Produce timely and accurate balance sheet analysis, review files and investigate balances in line with agreed procedures
• Prepare and analyse documentation for client tenders, negotiations and capital expenditure appraisals
• Assist with the production and analysis for weekly reporting of results
• Ensure accounting entries comply with Compass Group PLC Accounting Manual
• Complete accounting routines in line with the accounting timetable
• Support the forecasting and budgeting process across the Compass business
• Assist with the production of client billing and supporting client documentation
Prospects for this role are exciting and varied. We expect our Finance Graduates and AAT Qualified colleagues to be fully qualified accountants within 3 years and looking to progress within our business. Roles available include the Commercial Business Assistant Finance Manager role, with direct finance responsibility for an area of our business, working with Senior Operators, Sales, HR and Marketing Managers to drive our business forward. The next move after that could be a Finance Manager role, then ultimately a Sector Finance Director role…..the opportunities really are endless…
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you will need:
• Graduate with at least a 2:1 degree or fully AAT Qualified
• Maths GCSE to at least grade B
• Must have be flexible for travel across the UK when needed
• Must be willing to relocate to work from our Birmingham office
• Strong commitment to study for accountancy qualification and understanding of what this qualification can offer as a career
• Ability to analyse and evaluate information
• High numeric and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
• Excellent inter personal skills
• Ability to effectively plan and organise own work
Birmingham - £22,000 + Bonus
You will be joining the Finance Graduate Programme in October 2017.
Successful candidates maybe required to start the business from August/September onwards.
Please note assessment centres will be happening in August/September 2017.