DCM Lawyer (6 months contract)
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
- Providing legal advice and support to SG's debt capital markets (DCM) team and ensuring the transaction management of matters in relation to third party note issuances in the Asia-Pacific region
- Reviewing draft documentation in relation to DCM transactions and matters (including the update of external issuer programmes)
- Where necessary, provide legal advice and support on structured product activities for APAC ex-Japan
- Reporting and escalating any legal-related issues to line managers as appropriate and coordinating with other members of the legal team
- Liaising with external counsel and external bodies including regulators, stock exchanges, clearing systems, paying, settlement and listing agents and other authorities with respect to the above
- Contacting other relevant internal stakeholders as appropriate
Required Competencies/ Qualifications
- Degree in law (HK or Commonwealth legal qualifications preferred).
- Approximately 2-4 years' experience in DCM.
- Good communication skills
- Good command of (i) spoken and written English and (ii) written Chinese. Mandarin an advantage.
- Previous experience in financial services sector products an advantage
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Self-initiated and able to work independently while respecting reporting procedures.
This is a fixed term 6 month contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the contract.