Funds / Asset Management Lawyer (6 months contract)
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia.SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
- Providing legal advice for and ensuring transaction management of matters in relation to:
- Fund products (including mutual funds, ETFs and MPF products) distributed by SG in the Asia Pacific ex-Japan region, including offering and marketing documentation relating to such fund products;
- Where necessary, Singapore listed warrants, including handling the issuance documentation with the assistance of external counsel and reviewing marketing documentation relating to Singapore listed warrants;
- Liaising with external counsel in respect of such products; and
- Other supplemental legal documentation entered into under or in connection with the above (including marketing arrangements and contracts with any relevant service providers, agents, consultants and the link); and
- Liaising with other members of the bank in connection with the above.
- Reporting and escalating appropriate matters on an ongoing and regular basis to direct manager.
Required Competencies/ Qualifications
- Degree in law (HK or Commonwealth legal qualifications preferred)
- Approximately 2-4 years' experience in asset management; experience with ETFs or SFC authorised funds preferred
- Interest in derivatives or structured products
- Good communication skills
- Good command of spoken and written English. Chinese language an advantage
- Intellectual curiosity
- Self-initiated and able to work independently while respecting reporting procedures
This is a fixed term 6 month contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the contract.