Valuation Analyst, Asia-Pacific
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities."
Based in Hong Kong, you will be part of five member CEG (cross expert group) team within the Asia-Pacific finance department. The CEG team is accountable for the correct application for GBIS activities of accounting, prudential, tax and valuation norms.
Your role will have a primary focus on valuation expertise & norms, and also work on supporting new product committee
Primary Responsibilities of the Position includes
- Contribute to valuation framework design and governance led through Valuation Committees (regional and local)
- Assess valuation accuracy and improve valuation methods and consistency across activities, and between economic and accounting views, interacting with RISQ and FO
- Contribute to global setup on RP calculation and valuation adjustments, Day One Profit and observability rules
- Contribute to the design and update of parameters cartography and IPV process
- Perform NPC (new product) analysis on selected scopes
- Provide ad-hoc expertise and analysis to internal partners (FO, RISQ, MACC, Management) as and when needed"
- Top-level school, major in Finance or Engineering
- Minimum 4 years experience related to valuation & risk on global market activities
- In-depth understanding of global market activities, its trading strategies and product details
- Pro-active, rigorous, and a strong ability to work under pressure. Courage
- Strong logical thinking, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage wide range of stakeholders and partners, across locations