Legal Counsel, OGC
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- We make a real difference to communities through our social and environmental programs
- We provide an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
KPMG's Office of General Counsel is responsible for the provision of objective and independent legal advice and assistance to KPMG in Australia. The experienced and professional in-house legal team provide legal advice across the complete service offering of KPMG Australia. An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic solicitor to join the team in a role focussed on advising on regulatory issues, litigation and dispute resolution.
Your new role: As a valued member of KPMG's Office of General Counsel, you will:
- Work with counsel, external law firms and those within the Office of General Counsel to help resolve disputes, address regulatory issues and respond to claims against KPMG
- Provide timely legal advice to KPMG on complex legal risks and issues
- Assist in responding to Orders, Notices, Summonses and Subpoenas served on KPMG
- Develop a broad range of commercial litigation and dispute resolution experience through a diverse workload in a challenging in-house role
- Hold a current Practising Certificate
- Possess excellent communication skills, drafting skills and legal research skills
- Be familiar with the court system in New South Wales (Federal Court and Supreme Court)
- A minimum of 6 months post qualification experience in private practice at a major law firm
- Be analytical, commercial, solution focussed and keen to learn
- Have an ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Possess a strong team orientated attitude
- Be focussed on their professional development and improvement
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 07 Jul 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 11 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time