Credit Lending Unit Analyst
- Primary Location: China,Shanghai,Shanghai
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17035708
- A CLU analyst contributes to the credit process by working on credit analysis (CA) for new / upgraded credit facilities and also monitors risk issues via CA renewal, EW monitoring and CCR for special mention names.
- Individual Responsibilities & Accountabilities - The CLU Analyst will perform functions mainly related to CA completion and approval on an individual basis
- Joint Responsibilities & Accountabilities - The CLU Analyst will work with RMs and Independent Risk for tasks such as CA completion and monitoring risk issues.
Individual Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Prioritize and timely processes incoming credit requests, checking completion of package received from RM and ensure timely completion of CAs, including any interims.
- Complete financial spreading (financial spreads for clients at an early prospecting stage should normally be done by RMs themselves).
- Calculate FRR & ORR, and provides appropriate justification for any overrides.
- Complete the credit analysis and submits CA package for approval in approved PDT template (post implementation of lending module on CRM, the CA has to be originated and initiated in CRM by the RM and all the sections in CRM to be input by RMs).
- Approve CA with a Sponsoring Credit Officer as per TFA based approval grid in GCCP.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of Citi credit and policies and practices and applicable local and US regulations to assist the Business in achieving compliance and satisfactory internal and external audit results.
- Continue to generate ideas for improving lending process efficiency.
- Variations, if any to any of the mentioned joint responsibilities below will be jointly approved by the country CCB and CLU Heads.
- Work with Bankers & Independent Risk to timely identify and escalate risk issues/ trends. Responsibility would include joint EW/credit calls on clients (work load to be equally divided between RMs and CLU) and monitoring triggers and tripwires at a CA level.
- Assist RM in performing background check on customer with relevant credit agencies, buyers, suppliers and banks.
- Write CCRs for Special Mention names (not SS which has to be with Risk or IRM) and monitoring triggers and agreed action plans. RMs will have to provide quarterly inputs for these CCRs by contacting clients to obtain key financial and other updates.
- Assist RM's with the preparation and presentation of materials for portfolio reviews (e.g. large exposure reviews) and Red Zone reviews at account level. CLU will assist by providing obligor level OSUC, ORR and other such data while the RM will need to write the proposed reasons and remedial action plans for Red Zones, or in the case of large exposure reviews write the credit outlook summary and provide inputs on financial forecasts/projections, and any other key developments since last CA.
- Maintain credit files (primary owner is RM).
- Perform MCA testing