GF - South Asia Regulatory Compliance Officer
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Other Location: Philippines,Central Luzon,Manila
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17038813
This position reports to South Asia Head of Private Bank Compliance Asia-Pac.
Job responsibilities include specifically:-
- Providing proactive and effective compliance advisory support to the private banking business involving South Asia, with a primary focus on the activities conducted out of Singapore.
- Building effective relationships with regulators in Singapore, and managing regulatory reporting, onsite audits and regulatory enquiries, in coordination with the respective Country Compliance Officers.
- Developing and implementing compliance programs to analyze, monitor and control regulatory risks.
- Working closely with business, control functions, and other compliance teams on delivery of compliance projects and implementation of regulatory initiatives.
- University degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Law or similar disciplines
- Preferably with minimum of 5 years' relevant financial industry experience, especially with a Singapore regulatory, legal or compliance background.
- Strong knowledge of Singapore Banking, Securities and Financial Advisory laws and regulations, experience in interacting with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and in private banking industry preferred.
- Analytically minded, and ability to work and make decisions under time pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective team player with the ability to proactively engage business and control function colleagues at all levels.