VP Business Compliance (Retail- AML/CFT Team Lead)
- Provide operational advisories to business units; assist business units in operationalizing Compliance Policies & Guidelines / Regulatory Requirements.
- Provide advisories and supervisory services to the business unit for customer on-boarding and retention of customer relationships in accordance with GC-AML endorsement framework
- Work with GC on compliance matters and initiatives e.g. policies, guidelines, framework, training, annual compliance plan etc
- Advise business on the management of regulatory risks
Thematic Regulatory Awareness & Training
- Facilitate the provision of the operational AML/CFT training to all new sales hires related to Wealth Management to ensure basic competency
- Facilitate ‘update / refresher' AML/CFT training to relevant personnel supporting or are involved in the Wealth Investment process to ensure continued adherence to the established Compliance Policies & Guidelines / Regulatory Requirement
- Ensure the on-going review & improvement to AML/CFT training materials and Supervisors' training materials including the timely incorporation of changes in AML/CFT guidelines / recent case studies
- Ensure the follow-up and resolution of all AML/CFT related audit findings from internal & external review /supervisory bodies for GR.
- Work with group compliance and business segments to facilitate as necessary MIS / information gathering on AML/CFT related matters
- Act as the key liaison between GC and business and act as a point of contact for business as on all AML/CFT related matters, where applicable
- Ensure the Advisory team provides timely dissemination of new guidelines and additional information or changes to AML/CFT policy / procedures to all AML Champions / Reps / staff
Review & Testing
- Develop and establish the Business Compliance Review & Testing Framework to be carried out on identified units
- Ensure the GR-RA Self-Assessment specialist team (GR-RA SA), undertake all periodic reviews, testings and assessments in accordance to the specified timelines and GR-RA established GR-AMLSelf-Assessment Framework.
- Ensure gaps / systemic issues are identified and recommend appropriate corrective actions for business segments' consideration and implementation within a stipulated timeline.
- Identify and assess money laundering, terrorist financing and sanction risk exposures for new business programs, and advise business on appropriate mitigating measures where applicable.
- Escalate potential regulatory breaches, products or processes that pose significant ML/TF/Sanction risks; and ML/TF/Sanction issues in accordance with the escalation protocol
- Conduct investigation into suspected ML/TF activities and where applicable, report suspicious activity to Group Compliance in accordance with the STR escalation protocol
- Ensure all ‘critical' reporting are completed within the stipulated timeline e.g. Monthly High Risk Customers On-boarded Reporting to GC, High Risk Accounts Opened / Retained during OGR / Delisted accounts, Overdue KYC reviews, etc
- You should have at least 8 years work of relevant work experience, preferably gained in AML/CFT or in similar capacity
- Team management and leadership experience will advantageous
- You should be able to work cross functionally within the bank, and also have great interpersonal skills to work with external parties
- We are seeking a self-starter, someone who is motivated with a passion to learn and grow
Interested candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Reg No. R1109191
EA License 15C7408