Solutions Portfolio Manager
Franklin Resources, Inc. [NYSE:BEN], Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
Solutions Portfolio Manager
The Solutions Portfolio Manager will be responsible for working with distribution channels on all solutions-related opportunities across the client spectrum. The Solutions Portfolio Manager will work with clients to explore and identify their needs. Equipped with a deep understanding of each client's requirements, the Solutions Portfolio Manager will draw on a broad suite of investment capabilities managed by Franklin Templeton Investments and select third-party asset managers to appropriately address these requirements with optimal multi-asset investment solutions. Investment solutions may be standardized or customized, with varying degrees of complexity. Working with the Head of Investment Solutions - Asia, the Solutions Portfolio Manager will engage with the PRISM (Portfolio Review and Investment Solutions Management) Committee to design, implement and maintain these investment solutions. The Solutions Portfolio Manager will steer each opportunity through the process (e.g. work with Marketing to complete RFPs, contribute to the creation of pitch books and work with Product Management to gain approvals from the Global Product Committee) while also acting as the client liaison. Once a client opportunity is on-boarded, the Solutions Portfolio Manager is responsible for communicating the investment team's philosophy, process and strategy. As a member of the investment team, the Solutions Portfolio Manager will meet with clients, prospects, and/or intermediaries to explain the performance of specific investment products, while providing updates on overall financial markets performance, economic trends and investment team outlook.
The Solutions Portfolio Manager will be an integrated member of the Franklin Templeton Multi-Asset Solutions platform, and will function as a principal conduit to provide perspective and guidance on investment solutions to a broad range of internal and external constituencies
- Represent Franklin Templeton Multi-Asset Solutions (FTMAS) capabilities, investment philosophy, process and strategy in support of winning new portfolio mandates.
- Partner with distribution channels on all FTMAS-related opportunities across a respective geographic region.
- Help steer all new custom business opportunities through Head of Investment Solutions - Asia, and through PRISM (Portfolio Review and Investment Management) Committee.
- Work with Marketing & Product Management to fill out RFPs, create pitch books and gain approvals from the Global Product Committee.
Define Client-Specific Multi-Asset Solutions
- Partner with PRISM in developing customized investment solutions for clients. Client spectrum includes (but is not limited to): retail, HNW/RIA, endowments & foundations, insurance companies, corporate pensions, public pensions, and sovereign wealth funds.
- Collaborates with assigned portfolio manager to determine most appropriate portfolio structure given client objectives and guidelines.
Client Service and Retention
- Act as a conduit between FTMAS and distribution channels within Global Advisory Services to service and retain clients.
- Meet with key decision makers at existing clients to provide periodic portfolio reviews and updates.
- Deliver presentations at industry conferences and seminars.
- Contributes to the creation of custom marketing materials and content to represent FTMAS appropriately.
- Provides commentary and investment insights to help articulate the investment team's perspectives regarding financial markets and fund performance.
Product Development and Strategy
- Supports product management initiatives and rollouts across the respective geographical region via training of internal and external distribution partners.
Ideal candidates will have:
- BA required, MBA or advanced degree in related field preferred.
- CFA is highly desirable.
- 7-10 years of industry experience, preferably with some experience in the areas of investment solutions, multi-asset strategies, or investment consulting.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in Mandarin Chinese and English required. Additional Cantonese language skills would be viewed favorably.
- Prior experience as a research analyst or portfolio manager.
- Prior experience in a business development role, with a preferred focus on institutional clients.
- Ability to articulate all facets of the investment process and strategy on behalf of the investment team.
- Effective relationship management skills and demonstrated credibility with investment and distribution teams.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize external feedback and industry trends into the investment team's process.
- Ability to effectively deliver presentations on complex financial and economic topics to a broad audience.
- Ability to analyze and effectively present performance results.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with external industry contacts.
- Ability to support business development and client retention efforts.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with risk management and portfolio construction methodologies.
- Familiarity with portfolio analytics/construction/risk tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment vehicles and pricing structures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution channels.
- Willingness to travel as needed - up to 60% of the time.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Please apply via the below website with full resume, including present and expected salaries and notice period.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Candidates are welcome to visit our web site to find out more about our company: http://www.franklintempleton.com.hk.
Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks from the date of this posting may consider their application unsuccessful and these applications will be destroyed after 3 months.