Associate Director, Financial Management - Banking/ Insurance
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong is the fastest growing division within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
In Financial Management, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business.
The Banking Financial Management team works with leading Investment, Retail and Private Banks to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their Finance & Risk functions. In today's environment, these functions must demonstrate their value to the business by producing insightful reports, managing risk, reducing costs and maintaining financial controls.
The key drivers of change for our Banking clients are Regulatory reform, Cost Reduction and Risk Transformation and our service offerings reflect this demand:
- Finance function effectiveness eg cost optimisation/shared service centres/recovery and stabilisation, process reengineering
- Finance and risk function diagnosis and strategy development
- Finance and risk function Target Operating Model development & implementation
- New regulatory rule Impact assessments on business and operating models
- Effective Business Intelligence including planning, budgeting, forecasting and management information
- Strategic Cost Management to provide visibility and understanding of an organisations costs - cost to serve a - customer and cost to sell a product
Alignment of the Finance function with the Risk function
We are looking for Associate Director candidate with specific experience and skills in some of the following categories:
- Finance function transformations
- Financial control framework design and implementations (including SOX) plus experience in broader governance and - control frameworks
- Complex accounting change programmes including new IFRS requirements and GAAP conversions
- Finance process re-engineering including Lean/Six Sigma
- Finance systems
- Finance function sourcing strategy development and implementation
The responsibilities attributable to this role will include some or all of the following:
- Work closely with Partners and Directors to sell/deliver finance function transformation projects.
- Take an active role in practice development for the Financial Management Banking / Insurance team
- Take a significant role in sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members.
- Act as a subject matter expert in advising clients to maximise benefits while reducing risks.
- Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing your own development by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and networks with both clients and KPMG colleagues.
- Running workshops and client sessions on a range of finance issues.
- Active mentoring, coaching and development of colleagues.
- ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent is desirable or equivalent experience in running content reach Finance and Risk programmes
- Consulting skills and experience gained from working within the Banking sector
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting client relationships
- Strong people manager, able to lead teams and develop others
- Excellent understanding of leading practices for financial management/financial processes/trends in finance
- Understanding of issues and challenges facing finance functions including those presented by the changing regulatory environment
- Able to demonstrate project management with a proven track record in delivering high quality programme, project or assignment outputs
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2017 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (""KPMG International""), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.