Associate Director - CFO Advisory (IFRS and Deal Advisory)
- CFO Advisory - A Centre of Finance Excellence
- Strong focus on IFRS and Deal Advisory
- Extensive professional development opportunities
Leveraging our firm wide experience and expertise to support CFOs and finance teams, CFO Advisory offers services including: transaction structuring and support, finance function integration, quality close and reporting, finance process improvements and accounting standards interpretation and implementation advice. We combine deep industry knowledge with technical excellence, working with CFOs and finance teams to meet the challenges of today's complex and evolving business environment.
Your new role:
Due to the growth of our business, and unprecedented demand, we currently have multiple requirements for experienced Associate Directors, offering you the opportunity to take responsibility for the delivery of CFO Advisory services in Sydney to clients across all sectors, and to strengthen and broaden our relationships to drive the business forward.
You will have the opportunity to
- Develop and support the execution of the IFRS and/or Deal Advisory strategy within CFO Advisory. This encompasses:
- Driving the delivery of implementation projects for the new accounting standards (IFRS 15 Revenue and IFRS 16 Leases) at our clients. This includes technical accounting support, project management, and embedding change across finance and other functions to cater for the new reporting requirements
- Managing CFO Advisory critical accounting deliverables in multi-discipline KPMG teams focusing on major infrastructure transactions on both buy-side and sell-side
- Joining a market-leading team which specialises in achieving "off balance sheet" objectives for both public and private sector clients.
- Manage projects and client deliverables, including drafting client reports and presentations, liaising with management and other external advisors, and developing / building on those relationships throughout the engagement.
- Develop and participate in teams consisting of representatives from CFO Advisory and other groups across KPMG.
- Identify opportunities for future service delivery, participating in business development initiatives, and driving the CFO Advisory practice forward from our new Agile Work Place environment within Barangaroo.
As the successful candidate you will be CA equivalent qualified, with a solid accounting and/or audit background gained in Professional Services, and a proven track record of high performance and success. You will preferably have had transactional experience, either in Leasing (IFRS 16), Revenue (IFRS 15), or buy-/sell-side, and have dealt with complex accounting scenarios. You will also have superior problem solving and analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proven project management skills. Naturally you will have the ability to work in a diverse team and build effective client relationships and understand clients' businesses.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online. For further information, please contact Jessica on 02 9455 9871.
Advertised: 02 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 02 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time