Manager - Corporate Tax Financial Services
• Excellent opportunity to continue your tax career within a major professional services organization
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG's Tax division are looking for a highly talented Tax Manager to join our Delivery & Data eXcellence (DDX) corporate tax team. You will join our rapidly expanding DDX team who is responsible for bringing value-add services to our clients through the delivery of technical tax compliance services and acute insights using our data analytics capabilities.
Your new role
The purpose of your new role will be to deliver technical tax compliance services to clients in Financial Services and to support our key service offerings. Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all tax compliance deliverables are high quality, technically accurate and delivered on time
- Utilising your wide ranging experience and knowledge, and leveraging our data delivery tools and technology, to enhance our core services to clients
- Leading high performing teams that work efficiently and collaboratively with other parts of our Tax Division and our clients in delivering tax compliance services
- Innovating and supporting continuous improvement initiatives in tax compliance and process based activities
- Providing guidance, mentoring and training to junior staff to enhance technical and work management skills
Reviewing tax effect accounting calculations and financial statement tax disclosures
You bring to the role
- Tax experience in either a Big 4 or tier 2 firm, or large in-house tax team
- Australian and/or other Commonwealth country tax experience
- Strong Tax compliance experience, including preparation and/or review of income tax returns and tax provisions
- Successful completion of a Masters of Tax or CA qualification
- Legal and/or commerce degree (desirable)
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and influencing skills and the ability to motivate and develop high performing teams
- A leadership approach and previous experience mentoring junior staff
An honest and ethical approach to business which will provide a natural fit with KPMG's values
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online or contacting Leigh Golombick directly on mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org lgolombick@KPMG.com.au .
Applications close: 31 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time