Associate Director - Customer and Operations
- Fantastic opportunity to further develop your credentials in Management Consulting
- Large Operational Improvement Services team working with diverse clients
- Want to make a real difference to communities? We already are
KPMG's Management Consulting practice requires experienced procurement professionals to drive transformational change across client's procurement operations. Based in Sydney, these opportunities will focus on all aspects of Strategic Supply Planning, Source to Contract, Supplier Relationship Management and Procure-to-Pay, all underpinned by core effectiveness enablers . Candidates will form part of the project delivery team working across a wide portfolio of client businesses including Government, Defence, Finance, Energy and Natural Resources.
Your new role
• See you be a project lead or key team member to assist with developing client leads, winning business and delivering transformational procurement change within client organisations
• Have a significant focus on the implementation and optimisation of End-to-End (E2E) procurement processes within large organizations, with a view of enabling procurement to add value to the business
• Ensure customer / stakeholder satisfaction enabling the development of business across a wide range of industries
• Require you to develop and transfer knowledge/skills to staff to optimise talent offering and flexibility around delivery to a range of clients
• Provide opportunities to learn and grow, developing skills across the full spectrum of Procurement
Note that we are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals with extensive experience in the implementation and optimization of Purchase-to-Pay processes and enabling technology.
Candidates must be team players able to work effectively as part of a wider KPMG and client team, as well as delegate duties and provide supervision to junior staff. They will also act as a spokesperson for KPMG, making a strong impact with their problem solving and business focus skills.
You bring to the role
• Tertiary qualified, ideally in business, economics or engineering
• A member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Australia (CIPSA) and / or Certificate IV in Government (Procurement and Contracting) accredited or willing to work towards accreditation
• Extensive experience within complex Procurement environments
• Expert within one or more areas of Strategic Supply Planning / Category Management / Strategic Sourcing (Direct and Indirect) / Contract Management / Purchase-to-Pay is preferred but not essential
• Experienced in data analysis and financial cost model development
• Able to build and maintain relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues
Due to the nature of consulting work, candidates must also be open to travel interstate.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 15 Jul 2016 AUS Eastern Standard Time