Associate Director - Derivative Advisory
2 days left
- Build a long term career across the broad areas of our business
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Unique opportunity to utilise your Treasury Accounting or Derivatives experience in an Advisory role
Our CFO Advisory practice leverages the firm-wide experience and expertise in financial management to support senior executives and finance functions develop organisational capability to meet the challenges of a complex and evolving business environment, volatile financial and capital markets, and regulatory change.
Within CFO Advisory, we have a dedicated team operating nationally, providing derivative accounting services to audit teams and advisory clients with complex derivative valuation and related hedge accounting issues.
The team focuses on ASX listed groups, government enterprises and multinational national corporations with a strong presence in the resource, energy, financial services and infrastructure sectors, as well as supporting investment grade borrowers operating in global debt capital markets.
The position provides you with the opportunity to support clients with derivative analysis and accounting related services, address emerging issues, and participate in broader financial management projects.
The role covers:
- financial transaction and derivative related accounting advice and support
- hedge strategy analysis, solution design and implementation
- derivative valuations and risk analysis
- financial analysis and policy development
- financial management support
Your responsibilities will include:
- Executing CFO Advisory's and the team's growth strategy. This encompasses building and maintaining key client relationships, identifying opportunities, developing propositions and project managing the delivery of our business growth initiatives. You will also work in conjunction with other KPMG teams to further establish CFO Advisory's role and expertise in the firm and market
- Managing client deliverables and expectations, including drafting client reports and presentations, as well as liaising with management, including developing and building on those relationships, throughout the engagement
- Developing and participating in multi-disciplinary project teams consisting of representatives from CFO Advisory and other businesses across the firm
- Identifying opportunities for future service delivery, participating in business development initiatives, and driving the CFO Advisory practice forward
As the successful candidate you will be:
- CA/equivalent qualified
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in a treasury accounting or advisory background gained in Professional Services (Big 4) or recently through industry experience
- proven track record in valuing interest rate, foreign exchange and commodity derivatives and / or technical background in implementing or providing quality assurance over hedge accounting processes
You will also have:
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
This role offers you the rare opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction and to be an integral part of the CFO Advisory growth story working in conjunction with other KPMG teams to further establish CFO Advisory's role and expertise in the firm and market, build and maintain key client relationships.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 04 Jul 2016 AUS Eastern Standard Time