Manager / Associate Director - M&A Transaction Services - Financial Advisory - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
The Deloitte China network of firms, backed by the global Deloitte network, deliver a full range of audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients. We are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace with 21 offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Hefei, Jinan, Macau, Nanjing, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Ulaanbaantar, Wuhan and Xiamen in China.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media.
About Financial Advisory
Financial Advisory (FA) practice of Deloitte China provides strategic and financial advisory services to clients throughout all phases of the economic cycle. FA comprises several distinct but related global service lines whose shared principal objective is the creation and enhancement of shareholder and stakeholder value. We are dedicated to providing clients with a full range of services, including:
Mergers & Acquisitions
Corporate Finance Advisory Services provide Strategic corporate advisory services for corporate finance transactions, ranging from M&A strategy and advisory, capital raising to business disposals.
M&A Transaction Services assist financial and corporate investors in assessing investment opportunities and providing professional advisory services to support them in making effective and timely business and investment decisions concerning their outbound, inbound or domestic M&A transactions.
Valuation and Modeling Services guide and advise clients on valuation methodologies and provide valuation advisory services relating to business interests. These include intellectual property, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities, partnership interests, employee stock option plans (ESOPs), private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products relevant to our clients.
Deloitte Forensic Services assist organizations in managing forensic issues and focus on outcomes that address reputation protection, asset recovery and prevention.
Restructuring Services assist financial and corporate investors in assessing investment opportunities and providing professional advisory services to support them in making effective and timely business and investment decisions concerning their outbound, inbound or domestic M&A transactions.
Other Advisory Services
Infrastructure and Capital Project Advisory Services provide services range from developing the underlying commercial structure, building the financial model to managing the financing process.
Real Estate Advisory Services provide tailored, collaborated financial advisory services for real estate clients ranging from strategy advisory, cross-border advisory, capital and debt market advisory to divestiture.
Our fully dedicated M&A Transaction Services team provides private equity investors and corporate buyers with a broad spectrum of accounting, tax and other services to support all types of mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, investment and financing structures, divestitures, spin-offs and post-transaction activities.
- Execute transaction and related advisory services engagements in serving corporations and private equity investors in financial and tax due diligence, accounting structuring, business valuation, financial modelling, financial advisory and related transaction support services;
- Work closely with local and international colleagues from different service lines as well as external professional advisors, including financial advisors, lawyers and industry experts;
- Manage execution team in performing the fieldwork and be responsible for the overall progress;
- Perform risk management procedures including scoping, drafting engagement letters and project budgeting;
- Identify deal issues and provide suggestions for solutions;
- Manage the preparation of high quality of report and deliverables.
- Prioritize and quantify key risk factors and present key findings to client senior management;
- Assist Partners in developing local and international business opportunities by preparing pitching and proposal materials;
- Lead, coach, supervise and develop the skills of junior team members.
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Management or MBA;
- For Manager, 5 years; for Associate Director 8 years; for Director, over 12 years of relevant work experience in Big Four accounting firm and/or audit or equivalent transaction services;
- Professional qualification of HKICPA / CICPA or other equivalent overseas qualifications;
- Experienced in dealing with and managing international and domestic clients including Mainland Chinese clients;
- Must have good business sense and be able to identify key elements and issues in the transaction;
- Exposure to IPO, Special Audit and due diligence would be an advantage;
- Knowledge on financial modeling is an advantage;
- Independent and self-motivated, good team player with ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese), and writing skills, including the ability to write well-structured reports;
- A strong command of Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word;
- Willingness to travel is a must (occasionally with short notice).
Please submit an online application via our careers site (https://jobs2.deloitte.com/global/en/job/DELOA004X138128/Manager-Associate-Director-M-A-Transaction-Services-Financial-Advisory-Hong-Kong)
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong is the DTTL member firm in China. Deloitte China practice operates in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau through Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates including Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in Mainland China, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu - Sociedade de Auditores in Macau. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates operating in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau are collectively referred to as Deloitte China.