The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
The role of the Treasurer is pivotal in any business, handling the management of money and financial risks across the business in a fast paced environment across multiple brands and commercial channels. In L’Oréal we are continually growing our expertise in this area and want to recruit a talented experienced Treasurer to help lead the development of this function in the UK.
L’Oréal UKI is the 4th largest country in the Group and one of the most significant in terms of currency exposure. Our business is growing strongly , ahead of the market and expanding into new and exciting channels of distribution.
Managing Team of 5: Treasury accountants, Cashiers, the role covers such areas as:
- Internal control – Security of Payments/receipts
- Managing >£1bn payments out & receipts in per year (50% in foreign currencies)
- Foreign Exchange accounting (moving to IFRS9)
- Management analysis of FX impacts in the business
- Retail Store Reconciliations (link to profit protection)
- Project management - current ones include : new Automatic cash allocation tool (Alloc8 –Rimilia), On-boarding new PSP/acquirer (Adyen), Enhanced bank encryption (Barclays), Group process harmonisation, new e-commerce sites, new retail stores, new Brands acquired (IT cosmetics)
- Ambassadorial role
- External : Banks, PSP/Acquirers, Suppliers, Treasurers in Industry, Auditors
- Internal UKI : eg Customer Services, Divisional Finance Teams , Store Managers, IT
- Internal (abroad): Close liaison with Group Treasury in Paris + other Treasurers around the world
- Cash flow forecasting and analysis
- Daily forecasts to group
- Trend, Budget and Actual cash flow reporting
You should be confident that you can demonstrate the following:
- Degree preferable.
- Previous Treasury experience is essential
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office - Excel / Word / PowerPoint.
- Experience of SAP
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage conflicting deadlines.
- Challenge processes / propose solutions.
- Team spirit, commitment and a strong work ethic.
- Act & lead with human sensitivity
- Manage complexity
- Achieve results with integrity
- Interact effectively
- Sensitivity to the metier
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.