Our client is the global leading Financial Institution dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Our products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including life, health insurance and accident coverage. It has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. develops and operates transverse business solutions at international scale. Our mission is to shape, build and maintain the shared solution. The aim of these services is to sustain business development, reduce time to market, & generate savings.
Our client is seeking a Data Scientist to join the Global Data Management team, in order to make us a leader in data management. The successful applicant will be responsible for initiating, planning and executing data analytics projects to add values to Corporation. The Global Data Management Team offers state-of-the-art data analytics techniques including propensity modelling, clustering, text-mining, optimization and digital analytics. We collaborate with different internal and external stakeholders to ensure project success.
This position is based in Hong Kong. Business travel is required. This position reports to Regional Director of Global Data Management team.
- Deliver data analytics projects, which aims to identify drivers of growth and profitability of a global insurance portfolio.
- Able to provide advanced analytics, customer insights and campaign management solutions through on-site and off-site consulting and initiate speech analytics in APAC Regions
- Provide analytics support to external partners across diversity range of industries and able to set up data infrastructure from system design and processing logic with internal IT team and vendors in APAC Regions
- Apply insights to develop strategic and optimization recommendations. Collaborate with other teams for solution implementations in a cross-functional and decentralized global business environment
- Develop and implement product recommender and analytics App for campaign management
- Perform data platform re-structuring from data integration to process logic to build up analytics data layer for automation reporting system and ad-hoc analysis
Technical Skills Required:
- As a Data Scientist, 3-4 years of experience in data analytics areas for Financial Institution or insurance industry. As Senior Data Scientist, you need 5-8 years of extensive years of experience in Data Analytics Area.
- Technical competency in analytical tools, such as Python, R, Matlab, Java, C#. Hadoop, Spark or Hive would be a big plus
- Analytical rigor & strategic thinking ability, some projects involve multiples teams and technologies such as data visualization (Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview), ETL (Informatica) and Big Data tools (Hadoop/Spark with Pig/Hive) would be advantageous.
Personal Competencies and Qualifications:
- Experience or exposure in Regional Companies or International Projects would be a big plus
- Apart from strong technology background, also needs commercial and business mindset, need to interpret mass data and generate business insight and perform business analysis
- Social / Culture fitting, a good team player can fit in a multi-culture environment and able to adapt to the new environment really fast
- Good knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics technologies are also expected.
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Fluency in English, Chinese communication and good presentation skill
- Strong business sense and result-oriented
Education and Other Requirements:
Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. A Master Degree or PhD would be advantageous.
Knowledge in fields of Insurance, Consumer Finance, Financial Services, Database Marketing and/or Data-mining is highly valued
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a rapidly expanding business across the globe. There is an attractive package available and opportunities for further career development.
To apply, or for an initial conversation in confidence, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format