Manager / Associate Director - IFRS Insurance Advisory - Advisory in Audit - Audit...
About Deloitte Advisory in Audit in Hong Kong
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing and dynamic IFRS Insurance team. We are uniquely positioned in the market to be able to deliver to our clients and leverage our global knowledge and local market capabilities. The insurance industry globally is entering a very challenging period as it prepares to transform completely the financial reports they prepare for their investors to raise capital and to report their performance. This transformation is triggered by a fundamentally revised IFRS regulation, the financial reporting rules in use over 100 countries in the world. Deloitte Hong Kong has very ambitious plans to serve the large local insurance sector with a multidisciplinary approach that will combine accounting, actuarial and technology skills. This exciting opportunity is to join the first of these three pillars and work directly with Deloitte global IFRS insurance leader, Francesco Nagari, who is now based in Hong Kong to lead from here the global Deloitte campaign. The team is due to expand significantly over the next 12-18 months and the career prospects against this unique opportunity are compelling given the opportunity to work at the leading edge of the accounting profession, serving sophisticated clients and delivering complex projects that can transform a whole sector.
About the role:
- Advise clients on the implementation of new international financial reporting standards of particular importance to the Insurance Industry
- Advise clients on the evolutions in Internal processes and the business as a whole which occur as a result of the changes in the IFRS
- Work hand in hand with the Technology and other teams to upgrade the existing reporting system as and when need arises.
- Contribute to developing, growing and maintaining relationships with financial service clients
- Stay abreast of industry trends , new regulations and reporting requirements that may have an impact on your clients
- Prepare and facilitate IFRS trainings for clients and ensure that there is awareness about IFRS from top to bottom in the organization
- Prepare and facilitate IFRS trainings for the core implementation team
- You will already have at least five years' experience in delivering professional services to insurance clients as auditors or consultants in the area of finance, actuarial valuation or risk management.
- You will have the ability to relate financial reporting regulations to business processes to generate business benefits on top of making an insurance business compliant
- You should have a strong keen interest in the developments of the new IFRS for insurance contracts and be looking to develop over-time your thought-leadership and eminence
- As an individual you should be a team player and be able to work well with individuals from across disciplines such as actuarial and technology as well as across cultures and seniority.
- You should be passionate about delivering the best solutions to our clients.
- You should be an excellent communicator and have fluency in English and ideally another Asian language (this is not though a must)
- You should have an accounting qualification, but we will look at candidates with strong client delivery experience.